Ms. Raab and Ella the elephant

Ms. Raab and Ella the elephant

How I can use blogs in my classroom

About Me

Hi- officially I am Margaret but everyone calls me Peggy. I have been teaching art for 23 years. It is a great job and there is never a boring day. So I spend my time doing what I love everyday.

Monday, February 2, 2009

social networking

I joined http://brooklynartproject.ning.com/ and http://artandartist.ning.com/
I am concerned about " signing up" - What makes you decide a site is valuable and secure? I looked at many sites but each seemed to raise questions for me.  

3 comments:

  1. I think the museum blog and the art news blog will be valuable. The museum blog will be good for research and references, the art news blog may have info on exhibits of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ning sometimes does look questionable because it is all user created content. In terms of security that's a judgment call. I personally wouldn't worry too much about ning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The members of Ning seem to be mostly teachers. However, if you don't feel comfortable joining, you don't have to sign up.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete